The night before our flight

On Monday, the day before we would leave for California, we (I and my two younger siblings) finished packing and decided to go for a walk since we would be leaving soon.  In was summer in Beijing, and there were many cicadas in the trees, like usual.


Our friend helped us to take care of the tarantula for the time we would be gone, and another friend took care of our turtle.  Even though we didn't need to catch bugs for our tarantula to eat, we decided to catch some anyway and then let them go.


Since we went out at night, many tiny bugs were on the lights.  They were fun to watch and play with.


This is us watching the light with the bugs.


When we were walking, we something flying in the air. I thought it was a moth, but it wasn't. My brother caught it with a plastic box and we found out that it was a beetle. After that, we caught another beetle, which was smaller, and also put it into the box.  Since the box was full, we put the box at home and went outside again.


While we were outside, we found a small tree (about 3-4 feet tall) with many small bugs (like the second bug/beetle that we caught earlier). The problem was, we had no box to put them into.  However, I happened to have my glasses case with me.  So we put the bugs into the glasses case.


When we got home, we put the beetles into a small cylinder box which my mother gave us.  My glasses case was washable, and I washed it, of course. The next morning, before we left, my brother went outside and let the bugs go. We had a fun time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OC Fair 2023!

Grand Canyon (6/16)

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 1 (6/27/2023 Tuesday)

Crater Lake National Park

New Blog!

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 2

A Special Birthday

Sneek peeks of Huntington Beach Local Bee!

Israel

Animals in Israel