Chi-Chi the Chick

Hello everyone! I am Chi-Chi ( pronounced "chee-chee") the Chick!

I was born on August 23rd, 2018. This is me hatching:


When I came out of the egg, I looked kind of dead:


But when I became fluffy, I was just the opposite! I started pecking at the other eggs! You see, I just wanted a friend.


Finally, one of my siblings started to hatch! I was sooooooo excited! Then something went wrong and the temperature dropped. I don't know why, but my sibling stopped breathing. In the end, I turned out to be the only chick that hatched successfully.

In the beginning, I was given cooked white rice to eat. I tried a piece, but I guess I just didn't like the taste. Instead I nestled down and sat right on top of the rice pan!

Then, I got seeds to eat. I think they were chia seeds or sesame seeds or something like that, but anyways, they tasted REALLY good!

I love eating seeds!


I got my name "Chi-Chi" (given by Theodore) because when I chirp, it sounds like "chee! chee!"

One of my favorite things to do is to move things around. I overturned the water pan (which was for moisture), ripped up newspaper, and rolled the eggs around.

The Chens had to go to China and they couldn't take me with them. Thankfully, they found a friend who could take care of me. That's where I am now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OC Fair 2023!

Grand Canyon (6/16)

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 1 (6/27/2023 Tuesday)

Crater Lake National Park

New Blog!

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 2

A Special Birthday

Sneek peeks of Huntington Beach Local Bee!

Israel

Animals in Israel