At the Beach in San Diego!

Weekend family trip to San Diego!


At the beach...


Seashells...


Scenery...


"The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters."
-Psalm 24:1-2




There was a hole in the ground that was connected to the ocean. There was a stream in it, and water flowed in and out with the waves. 

It was pretty wide - maybe 3 or 4 feet at its width. Catherine decided to go for a challenge and jumped across!




Tide pools...



There were lots of plants, snails, and little crabs in the tide pools. 


I wrote my name in the sand, just for fun.


Everything in God's creation is so unique! I love the way the rocks at the beach are shaped - in some places they are smooth, and in other places they are jagged. 




A little crab hiding underneath the rock:


Uniquely shaped rocks:


Seagull flying over rock island



Another bird:


Pelicans by the shore...


Seals and birds on the rock island...



Children's pool...





There is a "rock road" that you can walk on. The "rock road" blocks the children's pool from the crashing waves of the ocean. Every few minutes, waves crash onto the side of the rock road facing away from the children's pool. If you decide to take a walk on the rock road, beware! You will get very wet! (My family and I can tell you this from experiencing it first-hand)

God is the that rock road. If we are on the inside, He protects us from the raging waves and dangers of the sea. He is so good to us, and He's always there for us whenever we come before Him in prayer.

"1 Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah."
-Psalm 61:1-4

***

The beach at San Diego was so beautiful! We had a wonderful family time together.


***

I'll end this post with something fun we saw at the beach as we were returning to our car:

Seagull crossing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OC Fair 2023!

Grand Canyon (6/16)

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 1 (6/27/2023 Tuesday)

Crater Lake National Park

New Blog!

Highlights from Lava Beds National Monument - part 2

A Special Birthday

Sneek peeks of Huntington Beach Local Bee!

Israel

Animals in Israel