On our way back to California from Texas, we visited the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum! My favorite part of the Museum was the Hummingbird Aviary. Here are some pictures of the hummingbirds. Enjoy! This little bird was eating from the feeder: Hummingbirds come in all colors, including green! One of the best places to find hummingbirds is next to the feeders. More little hummingbirds... Hummingbirds are small and hard to spot, but it's fun to find them! The best surprise of all: A hummingbird nest!!!
Happy Birthday to the BEST younger sister ever!!! Anabel, it's been such a blessing to have you in my life. I am so thankful and privileged to have you as my one and only younger sister. It was YOU who came into my life when I was an 18-month old baby. It was because of YOU that, at 18 months, I was promoted from the status of "baby of the family" to "older sister". You are such a wonderful companion, sister, and friend. We've talked and laughed so much together. As you enter this 13th year of your life, I pray that you will continue to honor God, seek Him, and bring His joy to those around you. And, of course, I hope that we will celebrate many more birthdays together! Happy Birthday, Anabel!
Today, we went to Seabridge Park (in Huntington Beach) with the Lu Family (kids: Nathan, Joshua, Bella, Noah). Seabridge Park is a lagoon, and there are no waves so it is very safe. It is also part of the ocean, so the water is salty. We had a great time playing and wading in the water. Theodore enjoyed paddling. We also had fun digging a pool and building a sand castle. The best part was burying people in the sand. We buried Noah and Bella. Below is a video of us burying Bella inside the sand.
Here are some sneak peeks of all the fun we are having at Huntington Beach Local Bee this summer! Every Sunday since June 2nd, 20-some contestants and their families get together at Huntington Beach to study for the Bible Bee together! Our Local Bee's wonderful hosts are two sisters, Kristie and Joanna Tang! Huntington Beach Local Bee: Kristi, Julianna, Anabel, Hannah, Bethany Huntington Beach Local Bee: Theodore, Joshua, Daniel Contestant Introductions! (6/2- Anabel) Each Local Bee meeting begins with a lesson, which is usually about the Unit we studied in the Discovery Journal for the week. Kristie and Joanna (our co-hosts) pull names out of a hat each week. Whoever's name is pulled out gets to go up on stage and recite a passage in front of everyone! After that, we all get to play really fun review games! Buzzer Rounds - 6/2 (week 1) Then, we all go outside, and we have organized outdoor game time! Finally, after games is ...
As I went for a walk today, I heard the sound of chirping above me. I looked up, and there were a bunch of sparrows chirping happily in the pine tree above me! It reminded me of the song: The birds upon the tree tops sing their song; The angels chant their chorus all day long; The flowers in the garden blend their hue, So why shouldn’t I, why shouldn’t you praise Him too? It is not easy to take photos of sparrows, because they are always moving and flying around, but anyway, I hope you all enjoy the photos below! Let us remember praise the Lord! "By them the birds of the heavens have their home; They sing among the branches." -Psalm 104:12 More photos! "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" -Matthew 6:26
When my siblings and I were younger, our family would go to OC Fair every summer. We have great memories from the Centennial Farm and the Read & Ride program. The last time I went to OC Fair was before the COVID-19 pandemic. This August 2023, my sisters and I and some friends went to the OC Fair together (the rest of the family wanted to come but weren't able to make it this time). The Lord was SO good to us. We got good parking, the weather was cool, the sky was cloudy, and we had an amazing and memorable time. Selfie at the OC Fair with my sisters! Heroes Hall In the morning, we visited Heroes Hall and the museum at the site. When we entered the museum, we were greeted by a very sweet young lady who introduced us to the exhibit. The first floor of the museum featured Stanley Troutman, a war correspondent during WWII. He is known for being the first to capture photos after the atomic bombs and for many other photos he took during the war. War correspondents like T...
We were blessed to visit Crater Lake on 6/28 Wednesday! This lake is the deepest volcanic lake in the world and the deepest lake in the United States. And, it's so cool and beautiful! (photo taken by Dad) Even in the middle of the summer, with daytime temperatures warm enough to wear T-shirts, there is snow!
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" -Psalm 34:8 God is truly so good to us! On our flight to China in December, we received an unexpected surprise! God blessed the morning of our flight so that everything went quickly and smoothly – the car ride to the airport, the security check, and finding our boarding gate. We arrived at the gate of our departure over 2 hours early! While we waited for our flight, I read my Bible, wrote in my Bible journal, jotted down a few paragraphs in my diary, and then walked around the airport with my mom. While we were walking around, we found a bookstore! I started reading books, and then I lost track of time... "Grace, we need to go!" called my brother. I glanced at my watch. Wow! It was 10:00 am! I had been reading for a long time. I knew that boarding started at 10:00 am, and the gate closed at 10:40 am. There was no need to rush, especially because we are in economy class an...
Whenever someone asks me, "What is your favorite place that you visited in Israel?", I always answer, "The Shuk". "Shuk" means "street market" in Hebrew. I love going to the Shuk. The Shuk is always full of life and bustling with people. It is a very exciting place to visit in Jerusalem. There are the most people in the Shuk on Friday morning. This is because the Shuk closes early on Friday because of Shabbat and everyone needs to buy extra food ahead of time. Here is a picture of one of the emptier streets in the Shuk: Almost every type of food is sold in the Shuk: meat, vegetables, fruit, bread, grains, rice, spices, dessert, candy, and packaged food. The most colorful and attractive shops of the Shuk sell candy. We don't buy candy, but it looks very tempting. The smaller candy sells at 3 or 4 for 10 shekels. 1 dollar equals 3.67 shekels, so 10 shekels equals 2.73 dollars. Cookies are also sold at the Shuk. They are mo...
This year, our family is doing the National Bible Bee again. Besides memorizing the verses and reciting them each day, we also study the book of the Bible and the DJ. It's easy to forget what I learned each week from the DJ, I found a way to review by making a summary of each lesson. This way, I could review my DJ lesson again by making the summary. Also, at the same time I would make it easier for myself to review that lesson again if I wanted to come back and study it again. Here are each lesson's summaries: Lesson 1 Lesson 2 Lesson 3 Lesson 4 Lesson 5 Lesson 6 Lesson 7 Sometimes, to review a specific part of a lesson that I have trouble with, I write it on an index (is that how you call it?) card. Lesson 7 Greek & Hebrew Words The other side of Lesson 7 Greek & Hebrew Words To keep everything in one place (so I don't lose it or forget where it...
Comments
Post a Comment
Feel free to write a comment! Thank you for commenting!